When faced with pain there are a number of ways to go about dealing with it. We support the more natural approach to pain relief as opposed to prescription medications with harmful side-effects that cripple our immune system. No matter the pain, there is a natural way to deal with it, and it is often far more effective than conventional medication.
We compiled a list of the 30 best natural pain remedies to deal with the most common types of pain affecting people today. There are hundreds of other natural pain remedies to target any number of different afflictions, we encourage you to look for the natural alternative for relieving your pain.
30 Best Natural Pain Remedies
30. Capsaicin Cream for Nerve Pain
29. Turmeric for Joint Pain
28. Ginger for Stomach Pain and Nausea
Ginger has also been proven effective to relieve joint and muscle pain by reducing inflammation and stiffness substantially.
27. Aloe Vera for Burns, Even Heartburn
26. Cinnamon Heals All
25. Kelp Bath Salts to Soothe Muscles
24. Apple Cider Vinegar for Heartburn
23. Neem Powder for Oral Inflammation & Tooth Health
22. Cherries (Anthocyanins) for Headaches
21. Tea for Soothing Burns
20. Tea Tree Oil for Sinuses and Skin
Tea tree oil is also very effective at treating athletes foot (a fungal based infection) and can even be used in lower concentrations for treating acne.
19. Peppermint to Numb the Nervous System
18. Willow Bark, Nature’s Aspirin
17. Marijuana / Cannabis for Chronic Pain
16. Devil’s Claw (Harpagophytum)
15. Magnesium for Muscle and Nerve Pain
14. Vitamin D for Bone and Muscular Pain
Pain relief aside, Vitamin D is one of the most important supplements to take every day. It is inexpensive and without supplementing levels you are almost certainly deficient. Reduce the risk of disease, promote healthy hormonal activity and reduce the chance of developing chronic pain.
13. Cloves for Toothaches
12. Garlic Oil for Earaches
11. EPA / DHA Fish Oil for IBS and Indigestion
10. Salt for Toenail Infections & Foot Pain
9. Water to Flush Away Pain
8. Horseradish to Clear Sinuses
7. Blueberries for Bladder Infections
6. Honey for Mouth Sores
5. Flax to Prevent Estrogen Spikes
4. Coffee for Migraines
On another note for coffee’s effects on relieving pain, researchers have shown that when taken with a over the counter pain medication, effects are greatly increased. As much as a 40% increase in the effectiveness has been found when drinking coffee with pain medication. Improved absorption of the medication and quicker access to the blood stream allows for this to be an effective addition to relieve your chronic pain.
3. Pineapple for Digestion
2. Tomato Juice for Cramps
1. Meditation to Relieve Stress Induced Pain
The word meditation puts an image in most peoples mind of a tranquil room with lots of mantras and humming filling the air. While this is one way to meditate, it can be almost anything you choose it to be. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the sunset in peace and quiet or relax with your morning cup of coffee, by simply putting that time aside for nothing else but positive and tranquil feelings you will feel the stress melt away.
Whats Your Top Natural Pain Remedy?
We hope this list can help you overcome whatever kind of pain you are suffering from, most importantly overcoming it naturally and effectively.
If you have a favorite natural pain remedy that you use in your household please comment below and share with other readers. There are hundreds of natural pain remedies and we want to know which work best for you.